[ihc] Question about cab light lenses

Hello all...maybe someone here can help me figure out some questions I have about cab light lenses. I am putting together a set of the cab lights common to the Loadstar series. One of my NOS fixtures has a lens exactly like the amber ones except that it is red. What were these red lenses used in? Are these common and is there a new replacement like them? In my state, a forward facing red light is illegal. Were these same fixtures made to be pointing toward the rear?

Rocky