Re: [ihc] Postal 800 Purchased + help with some questions

My 2 cents below -

From:           	David Bongo <dbongo@domain.elided>
Subject:        	[ihc] Postal 800 Purchased + help with some questions

> Cooling - The truck currently has the stock (engine powered) fan.  I was
> considering putting a second (electric) fan in front of the radiator to
> help with air flow.

I am in Arizona near Phoenix. I spent a lot of time on my cooling system in the last 2 or 3 years. Turns out my main
problem was not enough air flow through the 4 row finely finned radiator. I bought a 3 row medium finned radiator and
it does not overheat anymore. The problem surfaced not under load while moving, but at idle, even if I ran the engine
at 1500 rpm or so. I am now back to the stock fan with a non-thermal clutch, it stops coupling at about 1800 rpm
according to the manufacturers spec.

in my opinion just try it as is, my guess it will be just fine stock. RE fan belt breaking, does it have 2 fan belts
like the 345 I have?

> Air Handler - It has the original oil-bath filter.  I'd like to replace
> it with a paper filter.

I *think* the oil bath cleans the air better than paper, not sure though.

- Jim in Mesa
Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved