Re: [ihc] Scout II 4X2 convert 4X4

=From: Ted Borck <tborck@domain.elided>
=Subject: Re: [ihc] Scout II 4X2 convert 4X4
=Have a 1973 Scout II 4X2 727 in excellent condition.
=Have a 1974 Scout II 4X4 727 complete with rust.
=Is there anything I need to know other than bolt the 4X4 front drive axle,
=(match the dif ratios) 727 &transfer case.
=74 master cylinder &booster,into the 1973?
Lessee, if the 74 was disc, the disc brake hoses will have to be adapted to
the 73 drum fittinged hard brake lines, I dont know if the 74 MC will bolt up
to the 73 hard lines, and the proportioning valve from the 74 needs to make the
trip too.
May be best to use the hard lines from the 74.
If the 73 was non power brakes, the brake pushrod from the 74 needs to be
used with the booster/MC.
=Does the 1973 rear cross member remain in the same place?
IIRC the crossmember needs to go back a bit, but the holes are already in the
frame. Dont forget the tranny tunnel cover, youll need a hole for that TC
shifter now.
=Maybe I got lucky and found an early Scout II with galvanized body panels?
=One can hope. . .
Good luck with that one Ted. <g>
=- --
=Ted Borck tborck@domain.elided

Thats all I can think of right now.

Mike Toney
Mobile, AL.
Southern International Harvester Owners [S.I.H.O.]
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/southernihowners
72 Scout II, 4x4, 304, T18, 3:31
73 1010 Travelall, 2wd, 345, 727, 3:54
http://www.myinternationaltrucks.iwarp.com/