[ihc] Re: You Must Wipe It, Wipe It Good!!

Pete-
On my Scout II's, I've eliminated the funky two piece driver's side wiper.
Very easy, I take off the second linkage arm and put it someplace where I'll
never find it again (don't need to, won't use it again). I then take the wiper
blade off of the end of the main arm, and using a torch to heat the end of arm
I bend it to the proper angle to hold the wiper blade in approximately the
same position as the passenger side blade when it's parked. Then use a later
model,  correct length replacement blade by drilling a couple of small holes
in the end of the arm you just bent and secure the new blade adaptor to the
arm with small screws or tiny nuts and bolts. It works fine, and I've never
had a problem with the area that this setup wipes. The passenger side arm will
not work on the driver's side, the splined 'stud' is larger on the driver side
than the passenger side.
Dennis