Re: [ihc] Postal Scout purchase

David-

800 diesel for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459130604&cat
egory=31846

First off, in regards to the body swap, yes, the Scout II is a bit longer,
but look at my diesel 800 on ebay-it is on a '77 Scout II frame, and thought
the rear hangs out, a very simple little bumper of sorts can be fabbed to
make it "disappear."  Just about enough room to fab a nice little gas can
holder or something, and it is all very stable right on top of the bumper!
These pics are not EXTREME close-ups, but I think you can see some of this
frame sticking out-not as bad as one would think, and mine (the frame) is
currently completely naked!!!

I know you say you use it simply "for lack of a better term," but I want to
make sure that you don't misinterpret me on this one-I did not mean to sound
even remotely negative, but at once point in time someone on here gave me
very simple advice along the same lines, and saved me a headache!  They
mentioned all the things I wanted to do to a purchanse I was going to make,
and said, "Why don't you actually look for one that already has those
things-will be much cheaper than rebuilding this one in that image!"

However, as you seem undaunted by the cost of the projects you are
considering, it is not such a worry!  I could never afford to do all of the
things you are thinking about doing, so for me, the decision is much easier.
But then, I don't need one that has PRACTICAL issues like you-brakes and
turning around in your line of work are both very important, and could
literally save your knees, ankles and elbows some serious ligamentous wear
and tear over the years.  Not to mention comfort and simple ergonomics!  And
that is much more important than anything I have ever had to take into
consideration along the same lines.

I will stand by my discussion of the heat, but if you can get the other
stuff done, and you WANT that Scout, then by all means, get it!!!

So, I didn't mean to be too negative, and I am sure that Fleck can make ever
ything ship-shape, so don't let me talk you out of it-follow your heart!!!

Good luck!

Michael