Re: [ihc] Interesting IH McCormick trivia

On Sunday, February 8, 2004, at 10:58 AM, Colin M Rush wrote:

 For more information on Katherine McCormick, visit the
link here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/pill/peopleevents/p_mccormick.html

From there I also found a link to some history on Cyrus McCormick, having
to do with Chicago during the 1800s. There is some interesting
information and links about the company he started, and its relation to
Chicago Fire and the Haymarket Labor Riots. Visit the link here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/chicago/peopleevents/p_mccormick.html
Very interesting stuff, Colin. I now know a lot more about the Haymarket Riots than I ever thought I would want to know. Obviously, as in so many cases, I didn't know what I wanted to know until I knew it.

Thanks,

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs