Re: [ihc] Inner fender Rhino liner

On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 03:48 PM, Ted Borck wrote:

Has anyone tried coating the front inner fender area (fender side toward
engine - inner fender side toward wheel) with Rhino liner or the like as
preventative rust proofing?
At the different regional get-togethers I've seen a couple of Scouts totally Rhino lined exterior and inner panels. I didn't care much for the looks of the stuff on the outside, but I imagine it's easy upkeep.

Maybe even opening up the drain hole at the bottom of the fender prior to
application of liner coating?

It looks like I just purchased a no rust Scout, and want to keep it that
way, as long as possible.

What about the 2nd most area likely to rust - the windshield frame?

3rd the floor, and 4th the rear quarter panels.
Out here, the biggest rust problem seems to be stuff collecting inside the rear quarter panels. Alkali and other corrosives get thrown up in there and can't get out and the rear fender just kind of melts from the inside out. Several people have talked about opening up a passage into that space so that they get better drainage, and I guess can wash it out.

Your rust order may vary.
Ted, in your part of the country, have you had any feedback about the rust prevention devices that work by an electrical current doing some kind of protective electrolysis? You don't think I know what I'm talking about, do you? You are so right!

"Rust never sleeps."

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs