[ihc] My arms keep falling off!

Reapers,

   I am having an issue with my wiper arm linkage. As some of you may recall
 last year I had a arm stud freeze up which wouldn't allow my wipers to move
 I replaced the stud with a spare and hooked all the ams back up. Which, as
any of you who have worked on the Scout II wipers before know, is a cast
iron sob!

   Anyway, I could not get an e-clip over the shaft once I got the linkage
on because of the angle and clearance of the area. With the motor out of the
truck it is near impossible to reinstall with the arm on it, with the arm
off it goes in easily, but; you can't put the linkage on that way.

   Anyway, I had installed it with some tiewire wrapped around the shaft to
hold the linkage on. Well, it fell off tuesday in the driving rain on the
way home from wotk. Which made the drive in torrential downpours,
interesting.

   I pulled the motor off the other night just to puch the arm back on, in
the homes it would stay attached to make it through to the weekend, well, no
dice there.

   So, tomorrow, I intend to pull the motor and see if I can maybe drill and
tap the motor shaft for a screw and washer. Does this sound like a good
idea?

    Also, when I did get it back together again last time, I had to have the
passenger side wiper positioned in such a way that it's perpetual force of
the arm made the motor be able to move the linkage the entire motion,
otherwise, the wipers would reach the at rest position of the window and
would not push the wipers back up the window. It seems to me that the motor
should be able to move the arms without needing the momentum of the moving
arms to keep the wiper motion going.

Dan Nees

cookiedan@domain.elided