[ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #299

> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:26:31 -0500
> From: Howard R Pletcher <n9ads@domain.elided>
> Subject: [ihc] Detroit Auto Show Picts
>
> No IH's there, but MSN has a gallery of photos from the Detroit Auto Show
> at:
>
> http://autoshow.msn.com/as/autoshow2004/gallery.aspx?shw=autoshow2004

Hello Howard and Everyone,
    If you didn't get a chance to make it to the North American
International Auto Show, you should check out the photos of the Bronco
Concept.  Here is a link to the concept description and specs:

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=17145

    The vehicle was displayed on a revolving turntable so us mere mortals
couldn't drive off in it.  It was featured in video being played in the Ford
area with close up shots and the vehicle driving around.  I don't know if
the action shots were actual or computer enhanced.  My understanding is that
the vehicle was introduced in Detroit, I don't know if it will make the
circuit but I have to believe it will be seen at some of the other major
autoshows.
    Who knows where it will lead, but I'd sure be interested in something
with the common rail turbo diesel they describe.

    Also, Jeep had several examples of the long wheelbase Wranglers that
they are going to introduce this year.  I had heard rumors that it would
have a pickup-style "Scrambler"  but all of the examples I saw were topless,
soft top or long version of the hard top; all of which probably looked like
the same as the standard wheelbase Wrangler to the uninitiated. I was hoping
to see how they were going to integrate the roll bar with a small cab - be
it hard or soft top.

    Sorry if this is old news.  If International were still producing them,
I could have seen the introduction of the Scout V...

Have a good week everyone,   J. Michael