RE: [ihc] Re: onboard air tanks

Ryan,

I like that idea also... just sent an email to a fire captain buddy of mine,
asking if he has a line on retired tanks.

I hadn't thought about the drain valve, though. Yes, it is a good idea to
drain air tanks. On a conventional tank, the idea is to prevent rust and
possible rupture (as well as making it easier for the line filters). Perhaps
that's not as big an issue on an SCBA tank? Don't know how they're
constructed... Dennis? Or anyone else?

I don't think you will be able to remove the water before it enters the
tank. The water comes from compression condensation after it's in the tank.
Maybe if your relative humidity is close to zero or something, but then
you've got other problems!

Y'all have too many interesting ideas... even after I "finish" a project, I
won't ever be finished.  -John A.

---