[ihc] RHD Power Steering (again)

I called Coonrod's IH Parts, as suggested, and he did NOT have the RHD
P/S box.  I asked if he knew of anything else that would work, and he
said "no."  I also asked if he knew of anyplace that might have one, and
again he said that I should just try everybody.  "It'll be hit and miss,
mostly miss."  (Almost a direct quote.)

So, I guess I'll try calling the various vendors on the BB Vendor page
and hope I get lucky.  He DOES think that there was a P/S option on the
RHD models, so there is some degree of hope.

As for the noise/vibration I've been experiencing: it has been
intermittent, and of varying degrees of severity.  The noise is kind of
like the grinding sound of two piece of metal rubbing against each
other.  Anyways, today there was a particularly intense example of
this.  I felt a vibration through the floorboard of the cab.  The
steering wheel did vibrate some, but there was not a significant amount
(if any) of additional resistance.  Directly underneath me is the frame
rail (obviously) and a power-steering cooler I installed a few months
ago.  I kind of doubt the cooler would be capable of producing that kind
of noise and vibration.  Could it be the gearbox transmitting through
the frame?

Lastly, as I've mentioned before, the apparently welded draglink makes
me a little uncomfortable.  But I could be overreacting.  If I am unable
to to procure a legitimate RHD P/S box, should I look into getting a new
custom (non-welded) draglink?  Or is this one probably OK?  (Reminder: I
have a '74 RHD Scout II with a LHD P/S box mounted inside the rail on
the RH side.)

Dave

PS- Jim, thanks for the contact info on the yard with the 2 RHD Terras.
I won't have time, personally, to consider it for at least 6-8 weeks,
but if anything does happen I'll let you know.