RE: [ihc] Pass vs. Driver side battery

## >> When restoring/renovating an IH 'C' travelall, is there any
## >> good reason to
## >> not move the battery from the driver's to the passenger side
## >> (if it fits
## >> along the alternator?)?  Or is a 10' long battery cable just
## >> inevitable?
## >> Has anyone ever mounted the battery on the firewall like on
## >> an old SAAB?
## >>
## >> --
## >> Jim Camery

if you can find an old A or B series (1957 to 1960) truck to copy from, or
know where there is a junked one to steal it from, the battery tray is on
the passenger side firewall just above the engine.  in my opinion, this is
one of the best locations i've yet seen for the tray.  my own 1960 B122 has
it there.  i don't know how well this would work with the later series C
through C (1961 to 1968), but it might be worth investigating.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi