[ihc] Welded Draglink, possible leaking P/S box

OK, guys, I checked my draglink out this afternoon.  It certainly looks
like it was welded to me.  Also, (just to make things even more fun) I
noticed what appeared to be some sort of oil around the output shaft of
the gearbox.  The valve gasket was leaking engine oil until a week ago,
but this appears to be P/S fluid.  (I was changing my oil every 1000
miles, so it never really got low.  I attributed the oil in the
compartment to the P/S leak.  I let it go to close to 3000 miles, and I
was down 2 quarts, so that clinched it that I had a problem.  Turned
out, it was simple.  But I digress.)

I guess my questions are as follows:

The top part of the draglink does not appear to be sitting level.  The
front edge seems to me to be lower than the rear edge.  Is this normal?

And, if the P/S box is leaking, could that be contributing to my
problems?  Or would it not really impact operations?

Thanks,

Dave