Re: [ihc] Dan's lines of transmission

on 1/13/04 7:29 AM, Jim Grammer at jgrammer@domain.elided wrote:

> From: "Dan Nees" <cookiedan@domain.elided>
> Subject: [ihc] tranny coolant lines and flare tools
>

> <snip>
> Therefore, my question is, I now want to hard pipe the lines all the way
> in, but; would anyone have a problem with me using flare compression
> couplings on the lines to join them together rather than make all new lines?
> They would of course be double flare fittings. I have small leakes from all
> these rubber lines, even with double clamps on the rubber and want to stop
> all these damn leaks.
>
> Dan Nees
>
> Should not be a problem, 'tho that *is* just one more thing to vibrate loose
> over time. I recommend Adel clamps at mid-span somewhere. Better yet would
> be some stainless braided hoses from the local farm equipment supply/racer
> supply etc.
>
> Jim

Now that's a good idea. I have a rubber fuel line that supplies the
Pro-jection and it seems to deteriorate and leak much more often than I
would expect. A stainless line would be perfect there.

I'll have to go looking. Thanks Jim, even if your reply to Dan wasn't
intended to help with my problem.

Don't forget that we want to see you (and any other digesters) at Shoshone
between March 15th and Tulare.

Katie's little buddy will be there the week before Tulare.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs