Re: [ihc] tranny coolant lines and flare tools

on 1/12/04 7:15 PM, Dan Nees at cookiedan@domain.elided wrote:

> Therefore, my question is, I now want to hard pipe the lines all the way
> in, but; would anyone have a problem with me using flare compression
> couplings on the lines to join them together rather than make all new lines?
> They would of course be double flare fittings. I have small leakes from all
> these rubber lines, even with double clamps on the rubber and want to stop
> all these damn leaks.
>
> Dan Nees

Dan,

In my opinion, flare couplers would present no problem, even if they weren't
double flared. Some of my shop air lines are copper with flare fittings and
they have handled 150 psi for over 30 years. I even have some fittings using
the brass collar that compresses and I've not had a problem with them
either.

In fact with steel lines, I might be inclined to use the brass compression
collars rather than flaring the steel. I would anticipate no problems with
this.

John

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs