Re: [ihc] re: Radiator Expansion Tank

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Furtek" <jf7e@domain.elided>
To: "Jim Camery" <jcamery@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 12:00
Subject: [ihc] re: Radiator Expansion Tank

> At 8:47 AM -0600 1/8/04, Jim Camery wrote:
> ><snip>
> >In the end, "easy" conquers "best".
> >Jim
>
> Jim,
> "The perfect is the enemy of the good."  Voltaire.
> My guiding principle lately.  In WWII, the engineers working on the
> airborne radar systems always strived to deliver the third best
> solution -- the best would never arrive, and the second best would be
> too late, in too few numbers, and too costly.
> My two cents.  :-)
> Best,
> Joel
> (temporarily IH-less in Austin, TX, unless you count the F250's
Powerstroke.)

So if the third best was the best then it couldn't be third best could it?
Since it was the best solution for what they were trying to do?  Thus the
best solution would be the third best and visa versa.   :)

-Ryan

P.S. I do know exactly what you mean and it makes sense, just see an
opportunity to over analyze an otherwise simple statement.