[ihc] Shop Heat

John Hofstetter wrote:
Trouble was that every time I walked underneath that sucker, my hair would
start to smoke.

Tom Mandera wrote:
So, what you're saying is, you let the magic smoke out of your *head* long
ago?
That explains a lot.  We all know how well electrical gizmos work after you
let the magic smoke out..

You two are dangerously close to revealing one of the secrets of the
universe to the uninitiated bretheren reading these posts. Now they know why
Software Geeks have beenies with propellers on them. It keeps the head cool
and if there is a smoke leak it disperses it so that non-techno-geeks do not
know that your CPU is fried.
And just before you protest and state that this is a myth Tom I will tell
you that I have one purchased for me by MS that I keep out in my shop (think
it is buried in my trunk from my former life as a magician).

I was 22 degrees here all day and I wish I had not diverted all my shop heat
to my upstairs office.

By the way, the rule on preheating which I think Jim is holding back as one
of the welder instructors secrets of the universe is as follows:
Touch your tongue to the metal. If it is so cold that it sticks, you should
have pre-heated.

Robert
1970 1200D
1973 Scout II