[ihc] Re: About Stant

At 9:17 PM -0800 12/10/03, Allan W. wrote:
Tom said:
As a fellow gun owner you should know that Tomkins Industrial was the owner
of Smith & Wesson and signed that awful agreement with the Clinton
 >administration.
The Tomkins Industrial and Automotive group is a leading designer,
manufacturer and distributor of a broad range of automotive parts and
tools including products from Gates, Ideal, Plews/Edelmann,
Standard-Thomson, Stant and Trico.
Yikes, to boycott all these products would be a serious problem:
Gates belts and hoses (my normal source for these items)
Ideal hose clamps (my source for all stainless clamps)
Plews (grease guns and adaptors)
Edelmann (Brake lines and fittings)
Standard-Thomson (I don't really buy any...no prob there)
Stant (gas caps, radiator caps)
Trico (Wiper blades, but there are alternatives)

Thanks for making the connection Tom.

Allan W.
Hmm, like Allan, being a man whose principles are inviolate, I promise to only buy those Tomkins products that I need. <Sorrowful, pathetic grin>

Wishy Washy
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs