[ihc] Re: About Stant

Tom said:
>As a fellow gun owner you should know that Tomkins Industrial was the owner
>of Smith & Wesson and signed that awful agreement with the Clinton
>administration.
>The Tomkins Industrial and Automotive group is a leading designer,
>manufacturer and distributor of a broad range of automotive parts and
>tools including products from Gates, Ideal, Plews/Edelmann,
>Standard-Thomson, Stant and Trico.

Yikes, to boycott all these products would be a serious problem:
Gates belts and hoses (my normal source for these items)
Ideal hose clamps (my source for all stainless clamps)
Plews (grease guns and adaptors)
Edelmann (Brake lines and fittings)
Standard-Thomson (I don't really buy any...no prob there)
Stant (gas caps, radiator caps)
Trico (Wiper blades, but there are alternatives)

Thanks for making the connection Tom.

Allan W.