[ihc] Dana 30 Disc Brake Calipers

I was wondering if anyone has opinions on a preferred set of calipers for a
Dana 30 disc brake upgrade?

I'm asking because I finally got my disc brake upgrade completed on my '68
Scout 800 (after 2+ years of starting/stopping the project) after assembling
the usual:
- Scout II rotors, MC
- Chevy backing plates, calipers, brake pads, flex banjo-style brake lines
- Adjustable proportioning valve

The brakes have been soft and I could never figure out why, until I finally
listened to a poster on the BB that said it's the calipers hitting the
knuckles. After enough grinding (a little grinding, reassemble, test -many,
many times!), I finally got the calipers to center on the rotor and have the
brakes hold solid. Yeah!

The trouble is that I only have just enough clearance between the caliper
and the knuckle, which will disappear as the pads go down. I'm worried about
grinding more from the knuckle, as I took the edge off part of the flange,
but if the knuckle is weakened - that's not just trouble replacing, but
potentially very dangerous.

I was told I could have used CJ calipers and pads. Do these "fit" better and
not require as much grinding?