[ihc] Robertshaw & P'Blaster Testimonial & Tow Strap Meditation

Hi,

: - ---I haven't found anything on Robert Shaw's site relating
: to thermostats,

A *most* picayune correction.  It's "Robertshaw". Not "Robert Shaw",
"Robert-Shaw", "Bob Shaw", etc. Sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes.
This is one of those times. You're not the only offender, just the handiest
one at the moment! ;-) Actually I was waiting for Hofs to speak up, but he's
apparently busy helping J.L. spreadsheet & blueprint John's (I didn't say
which!) lodging in Shoshone.

<Snippo!>

: About 8 mos. ago
: when I put my motor back together, RS and Stant were* the
: same company. I

Perhaps, but I see no evidence of that today.  To some folks, this may seem
similar to saying Ford and Chevy are one in the same.  Not this week. Sorry
to dwell on this.  The other day someone asked me if my Oakley sunglasses
were "real" (I presumed he meant not counterfeit or $5 "knock offs"). I said
they were real. Next, he asked if they were "Gargoyles". I must've got a
stupid look on my face (a frequent demeanor, for me!). He repeated the
question. I explained they were "Full Metal Jackets" (one of the 'Jacket'
models). I didn't have the heart to explain further.

All I can say for sure is years ago Stant and Robertshaw were two very
different companies.  And today they appear to be very different companies.
Perhaps you somehow stumbled across a distributor page and mistook it for a
corporate/parent page?  I dunno.  Offer no explanation for what you saw. And
I certainly don't question your genuineness.

T.R.E., John, Steve, et al; THANKS for all of the feedback on this thread.
It sure lasted longer than I ever thought it would! %^}

<Snip!>

: Robert Shaw site and under a link similar to "about us" or "product
: information" were their partner companies. Stant was* listed
: and the Stant
: logo was a link that took me to the Stant website.

That's not the case today anyhow. But so be it. We all agree on that point.

: - ---Is this bypass/valve like the one on my/my wife's `93
: Pathfinder? More or
: less a hole with a check valve of some sort blocking it.
: Shake it and it
: rattles... could be constructed using a ball bearing slightly
: larger than
: the ID of the hole?

Good question. I don't have a Robertshaw in my hand at this time to answer
authoritatively. However, I never _recall_ hearing/seeing any ball bearing
sort of contrivance on one.  But it's possible. I e-mailed the Fleckster for
a bottom line price (incl. shipping) last week.  Haven't heard back from him
yet. I imagine he's busy.  Fortunately for me, my need is of personal
choice/comfort and not necessity! Did anyone else answer the question for
you? The one Robertshaw I had, left when I sold the Travelall.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
And now for something completely different:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

: John,
:    Invent the stuff? Well that is a bit premature. I like the term
: 'Discoverer" , kinda like Columbus or something.
:    Big head, me? Not me...

I dunno Dan, reputations of this ilk are hard to shake around here! ;-) I
wouldn't be surprised at all to see "Dan Nees, PB B'laster Evangelist" on
your business cards!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
And now for something completely different:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Last night we (Tulsa metro area) got around 6" of snow.  It's nearly all
gone now.  Alas, my son was sick today (102 deg fever, cough, etc.) so I got
Daddy Daycare Duty and couldn't get out and play in the Scout.  But this got
me thinking... My strap seems to have gone MIA lately! But a question
arises: Is there really as big a difference in tow straps as there is in
PRICES for it.  I see them on eBay dirt cheap ($10-$15) but also see some
upwards of $50 for similar length straps.  There's likely more than meets
the eye here (no safety pun intended!).  Looks as if most of the white stuff
has melted.  How 'bout where you are?

Stay well all...

--Pete

     .===============.
   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]  \_/        [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/scout