[ihc] differential bearings

I'm finally getting around to install my new differential in a Dana 44
on my '72 Scout II.  I've gone through the shop manual, but I just
wanted clarification on something.  Should the differential bearings be
packed with standard bearing grease before going on the differential?
The old bearings seem to be lubricated by the axle oil, but maybe
they've just been worked clean over the years?  The manual mentions:

"Prelubricate differential bearings with specified lubricant.  Place
differential bearing cups over bearings.  Assemble case into housing."

However, there doesn't seem to be a "specified lubricant" or is there?