RE: [ihc] Robertshaw 'Stats, Anyone?

Thanks Thomas,

Lemme see...

: ---Robert Shaw is nothing more than the commercial line of
: thermostats. If the auto parts store carries Stant, then they
: carry Robert Shaw. What's the difference between Stant and
: Robert Shaw? Robert Shaw is said to actuate at the desired

I was lead to believe there was/is a MECHANICAL difference between the
Robertshaw and 'anything else' (incl. Stant).

Sooo, you're saying, Stant is the consumer version and Robertshaw is the
commercial version - made by the SAME company? But if I can find a Stant
that's supposed to work, it will be form, fit & function compatible? I
didn't know that (but I ain't too old to learn... <yet!>!).

<SNIP>

I have a Hunter (the ceiling fan people) programmable thermostat.
Programmable for each day of the week. Battery & filter reminders, etc. I
LOVE it! I saved over 30% on my heating/cooling bill the first year I put it
in! I'm sure others would work at least as well.

: ---Discount/Westwood, AC-Delco, maybe CarQuest and NAPA I
: believe would carry them. I know my Discount/Westwood does.

I'll check the local NAPA.

: ---Thank you,

No, no, thank YOU! Or "You're welcome!" or something! %^}

Cheers,

--Pete

     .===============.
   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]  \_/        [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/scout