[ihc] Are these period correct fog lights?

I have a set of NOS round fog lights with the IH emblem on them that I bought a few months ago. These have a nice chrome teardrop housing just like the spolights do. My question is, were these optional into the 70's? I guess what I am asking is if somone wanted fog lights for their new truck in 72, would it be hese type or would they be some other type? My truck has brackets on the underside front of the frame that look very much like some of the brackets that come with this kit that I am talking about. One of the bulbs is damaged so it ran through my mind to replace both bulbs and make driving lights out of them. I have not investigated the availability of bulbs to fit the housings.

Rocky