Re: [ihc] Fuel Tank Question

At 10:03 AM -0600 12/3/03, Edward Whitcomb wrote:
I'm new so forgive me if this has been asked already.  I have a 1973 Scout
II and I've just had the fuel tank cleaned and sealed.  It has several fuel
lines attached to it (6 I think) and I was wondering if they all need to be
connected when I reinstall it or if they could be plugged.  I'm assuming
they are for odor control or emissions, is that correct?

Thanks,

Ed
Ed,

Those extra lines are for emission control. If you were to cut down on the number of attached lines, you could have the fuel line and a vent line. Or you could plug the vent line too, and put a vented cap on the filler pipe. That's about as basic as you could get.

Those extra lines go to places like the condenser inside the left rear quarter panel and the charcoal canister up in the engine compartment.

The government doesn't recommend doing this, to say the least.

John

--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs