Re: [ihc] trac-lok, powr-lok, oh my!

A Lockright should run you in the $250 range and will drop right into your open carrier.

It IS a full automatic locker, not at all like a limited slip, though.

Steve Jackson wrote:

Howdy all.  I'm rebuilding my rear Dana 44 axle (3.73, 30 spline), and
I'm shopping for a new differential.  My '72 Scout II originally came
with a Trac-Lok that was replaced years ago by an open differential.

I was planning on returning the axle to its stock configuration with a
Trac-Lok, but I hear a lot of negative comments about their performance
and endurance.  I'm looking to spend below $400 or so for the
differential, so the Trac-Lok is nicely priced at around $200.  However,
I don't want to be rebuilding this axle again, and I do want good
offroad performance.

Any personal recommendations?  Any good lockers that are easy to install
in the $400 range?