Re: [ihc] newbie needs help

At 1:40 AM -0500 11/26/03, <lfreeman@domain.elided> wrote:
>Hey Gang,
>I'm new to the digest and I'm not sure how to set it for 'digest'
>mode instead of single messages.  Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Lance Freeman
>66  800

Hi Lance and welcome to the digest.

I believe that you can find directions for having the digest mode at
... /ihc/

Richard also sends out regularly directions for how to do almost
everything you might want to do. He sends this out with the subject
line, Administrative Trivia.

Just as an aside, you may not like the digest mode after you try it,
although you should certainly try it, because it is harder to deal
with posts responding without adequately editing the previous post.
We tend to be getting posts that are too long which is uglier in the
digest mode than when you are getting single messages.

If we were all on the digest mode, we'd probably be more alert about
cleaning up our posts. NOT THAT I'M EVER GUILTY OF NOT EDITING
ENOUGH. Hell, I sometimes forget to put in a subject, but I'm quick
to point out that transgression to others.

It boils down to you'll subscribe to a different list and unsubscribe
from this one. For a while I was getting messages in both formats, so
I know that is possible too, but I have no idea why anyone would want
to do it.

John
--
John Hofstetter