RE: [ihc] Mac and chev designators, and stuff turning up missing.

## >>       I'm just waiting for Ryan to ask you about Chev
## >> designations of R and
## >> V and about a million others...
## >> That was fun a few years ago, but there are actually other letters
## >> depending on year and model.

sheesh.  i know almost *zip* about chevrolet model designations.  i know
mine is a 1971 C/10 'cause it's mine and i've had it since 1996.  i only
know the 4x4s of certain years were labeled K 'cause Ryan pointed it out.
otherwise i probably never would have noticed.  generally all i notice is
the 10, 20, 30, and so forth.  letter?  never mattered before.  ah well.  R?
V?  do i want to know which ones those are, or can i stand to not have the
headache?

## >> Good Story!  To me, the best part is when someone thinks they
## >> are getting
## >> the better of you and they end up hauling away the parts that
## >> you don't
## >> want to load up and take to the scrap yard.  It's happened a couple of
## >> times, but I think I'd rather have the good stuff back than
## >> the bad stuff
## >> gone.

i agree.  i have no idea what we'd have done with that old truck if that guy
hadn't wanted it.  my dad had been scratchig his head over the thing since
it broke down.  he didn't want it in the first place, but some friends gave
it to us when they moved from the area to someplace back east.  he didn't
want to fix it, and didn't know what to do with it.  so he just pulled it
around back and there it sat for so many years.  i wonder what parts i could
have scrounged from it now that i know more about such things?

and i do miss the stuff that went missing with the truck.  nothing major...
bits and bobs from the 1500A and the B122.  i think two of the broken brake
drums were on the flatbed.  all my spare wheels were on it, too.  ah well,
my fault for not remembering them till i got to work.  other little stuff
that i know wasn't on the truck, but...  again, ah well.

as a final note, somebody else dragged away the 1500A when i got done with
the axle swap.  i'd dearly like to have that truck back.  the body wasn't
salvageable, but it had a good drivetrain in it, and my old RA15 too.  my
dad wanted it gone, so i called one of those places that takes cars and
trucks no questions asked...  they came and got it.  i don't know what
happened to it after they took it away.  i won't scrap a truck again.
another one of those hindsight things.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.