RE: [ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #226

## >> ---If you value your life Mac, don't touch anything without getting
## >> permission first. You do understand that that getting into
## >> the snacks also
## >> holds a higher price than if you were to use the "decorative
## >> towels". Nuts
## >> are usually fair game after Christmas, but I can never tell
## >> which ones are
## >> the "display nuts".

hahahahahahaha.  that's cute.  actually, i don't as a general rule take
things that aren't mine or mess with stuff that i don't have permission to
touch.  in this case, i am reasonably certain that i borrowed the wingnuts
from the old '60s F750 flatbed my family had.  the whole drivetrain locked
in our driveway one day, i don't know why.  motor wouldn't spin over
(possibly hydrolocked, it died in a heavy rainstorm), clutch would not
disengage, and i think something was broken in the 2-speed axle.  anyway, a
couple days after it died my dad loaded the B122 with nearly two tons of
building bricks (we were rebuilding our house at the time) and dragged the
truck out back into a field...  and i got told i could do anything i wanted
with it.  i was seven at the time.  naturally i took advantage of the
situation.  as my years progressed, more and more stuff "went missing" from
that truck.  nothing substantial, mind you, just little stuff.  like nuts.
the air cleaner.  the batteries.  i even took a wheel off once, to see if
those 24" wheels would fit under my B (did i mention it was a Big Budd Six
pattern?).  no dice, but with about 14" of lift, i think i could have
managed it.  +)

anyway, that's my story and i'm sticking to it.  we gave that truck away to
a compleat stranger about eight years ago.  some old Mexican fellow came
knocking on the door, asking if he could have my B.  my dad told him no
dice, and then the guy asked about the Ford.  my dad said "if you can tow it
away, you can have it" and the guy did just that.  i have no idea what
eventually happened to the truck.  i haven't seen it, so i suspect it got
scrapped.

what's funny is that we dragged it to where it was in the back field, and
where it sat for better than 16 or so years, with a 4x2 non-dualled B122
with 6.17 gears, T98, and a BD220 with standard road tires and two tons of
bricks in the bed.  the guy brought out a C/20 Chevy 4x4 pickup with a big
block, and with fairly aggressive 35" tires and everything locked in,
couldn't move the Ford.  i had to go to work before they got it out of
there, so i don't now how they finally got it moved, but it was gone when i
got home the next day.  along with several large heavy engine parts from the
bed of my B.  coincidence?

another nickel from Mac the Luckless.  usual grain of salt disclaimer
applies.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.