Re: [ihc] Brakes, power steering

---I would say it was the booster myself. Sounds like you performed the test
correctly, though it has been a while since I did it myself. The first thing
you do is get the air out of the system. Pump the brakes with the motor
running and release the pedal. Shut the motor down and press the brake once,
release, press again, release, press a third time and hold. Each time you
pressed the brake pedal, its height should have become greater. Now start
the motor with your foot still holding the pedal, it should sink 1" to 2"
but no more than 2". A new brake system should sink no more than 1" to
1-1/4". My guess is that you have a collapsing line, a leak in the system...
maybe even in the master cylinder itself between the two pistons. I don't
see a proportioning valve being needed seeing as how you have dual disc, but
you would need the emergency cut off and brake warning switch.

---Cardone brake booster is $78.79 (#5473150) and the Master Cylinder is
$24.79 (#102693) for the `94 Mustang. Don't know if that will work for the
Scout, but I can't remember what year Cadillac had the rear disc. That would
be the new cheap-o plastic reservoir (not including the reservoir with the
master cylinder) and the reservoir I can't find a part number for, would
have to be from a junk yard or ... I will try a cross reference on the
master cylinder to other vehicles on AC-Delco's site.

---Master Cylinder for a `79 Lincoln Versailles is $16.80 (Cardone #101604)
and the booster is $152.70 (Cardone #527078)

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)