RE: [ihc] IH aluminum intakes

## >> All I've ever heard of was the one off for a race scout that
## >> IH did... other
## >> than that have not heard of any aluminum IH intakes...
## >> wasn't aware that
## >> anyone was planning on making some...
## >>
## >> On that note, anyone heard any word from pertronix about that gold box
## >> module they were supposedly working on?

i found a really nice mid '70s Scout II on the web once...  had a really
nice series of discussions with the owner.  it's been really nicely
modified, lifted, fillet aluminum dashboard, custom gauges, full roll cage.
it was a super nice Scout.  tilt front end like Tom M's racer, too.  the
thing that really stood out about this one was that it had an SV392 in it
with a custom aluminum intake and a B&M roots blower mounted on it.  the guy
said he had it custom made for him and it cost a mint to have it done.
looked really sharp.

i've heard of other guys with blowers mounted on SV engines, but i haven't
ever actually *seen* any others besides this one.  seems like if a roots
intake can be custom fabricated, maybe it's not that hard to have a less
dramatic intake fabricated.  but what do i know?  probably nothing.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.