[ihc] brake pads/hoses availability, 73 1010 Travelall

Digesters,
Thanks for the brake part numbers, responses to my last post, and the
congrats on my purchase.
Here is a link to a pic of my 73 1010 Travelall. No rust through, some minor
surface stuff. West TX truck.
http://bbs.binderbulletin.org/forums/showthread.php?s=a1d9212f7869386516f9a936
cb80f108&threadid=13296
I ve had some problems finding the brake shoes/pads/hoses locally.
Ill share my experience in the hope that it will save someone else some
time/effort.
I have been told 4 times today that my 73 1010 Travelall with front disc
brakes must have front drum brakes.
In addition, I have been asked 3 times if Im sure that it has front disc
brakes.
It has disc brakes. The front caliper/rotor is a dead giveaway. :-)
I had great difficulty locating brake hoses (Fr or Rr) for it, although I can
get the pads/shoes from SSS (thanks Jim).
Napa- pads avail, no hoses, but can get rear shoes for 63.05 per side!?
((PLUS)) UPS charges!?
Advance-no hoses, no Rr shoes/pads, but will sell me Fr shoes, and too narrow
1 3/4 inch Rr shoes.
AZone- no hoses, no pads, lists Fr shoes.
Carquest-  My saving grace!
I called my friendly Carquest counter man, Kevin, at the Tillmans Corner
store. He knows me in passing as "The Scout Guy", and has been really helpful in
the past with a few minor IH parts issues. I think I will go there 1st from now
on.
He had/could order all but the rear brake hose, and he said to bring in my
old one and he would "manually" match it up.
Isnt that great?
Here are the CQ parts numbers, prices.
RD85, Fr disc pads, 14.44
RS263,  Rr shoes, 18.81
SP5297, Fr Brk Hose, 15.33 ea.
I decided to buy it all at CQ.
Ill buy something else from SSS to make up for buying this stuff locally
after Jim @ SSS looked it all up for me.
P.S. This truck sat for 10 years after being the daily driver of an elderly
gentleman.
It has never been modified from stock. All the original parts are still
there. Its like driving a time machine. Incredible.
Mike Toney