[ihc] 78 scout - front axle dumped fluid

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me with the problem my 78 Scout II has.

After getting stuck in 4W-HI recently, my scout dumped the gear oil out
of the front axle.  It drained into a puddle around the front-left tire
in the garage.

I assumed there was some sort of oil seal in there somewhere, but I've
gotten it disassembled to the point that I have the axle shaft out, and
still haven't found the seal.  Any pointers to where the seal is that
must have failed?  Anything else I should replace while I'm in there?
I've got the two-volume IHC repair manual, and I've been reading it,
but just haven't found a clear drawing of what I'm looling for.

Also, anyone know where to buy new nuts and locking washer that hold
the wheel on?  The previous owner has buggered them up really badly,
apparently using a cold chisel (or more likely a screwdriver) to put
them on and off.

Thanks in advance,

David

=====