Re: [ihc] Should I bore my block or not?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rocky Lear" <rockylear@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 17:14
Subject: [ihc] Should I bore my block or not?

> Is it a good idea to bore a 392 block? I'd like to have as many cubes as I
can but given the restrictive nature of the heads...even after a good port
job...I don't know if I should go any farther than the minimum needed. I
spoke to a guy who actually used to run an IH truck in pulls and he says
that he had blocks bored .125ths over without problems. What do you think?

> Rocky

Tom M. did all the tricks to his 392 to maximize power etc.

Personally, I think it depends on what you want to do with it.  If you are
going to be towing etc etc, I'd keep it stock, after all, that's what it was
designed to do.  However, a lot of people don't agree with me.  You can do a
lot of tricks, it's just your choice on whether you want to do them.  Tom M.
is the person to talk about in the areas of modifying stuff, I don't think
there are any active list members with more experience in that area.   On
that note... Tom, is your motor fixed?  I havn't heard anything on it since
you found out what the problem was...

-Ryan