Re: [ihc] RE: To tell the truth....

---I will check on it again, but it hadn't changed for as long as I could
remember and last I knew the book stated that the speed limit for passenger
trains was 45 mph and for cargo (government) it was 60. Even in Chicago when
running the newest tracks the speed limit was followed. However, I agree
that the passenger trains do seem to go a little faster than allowed, even
back then when I last read from the book. Trust a radar gun? I want to see
it. I have been stopped three times and told what the gun recorded when I
knew it was BS... not saying you are lying, just saying that from my
experience, police officers have been known to hallucinate  ;-) ... maybe
due from the stress that comes with the job. If you are not an official,
then maybe you were parked too close to the power lines for too long. Just
kiddin'.

---It won't take me long to find out what the limits are now though. It is
possible they changed, I have noticed no cargo/freight trains that even
appear to be traveling over 60 though, here in Alabama nor in
Chicago/Burbank/Oak Lawn/Tinley Park/Willow Springs/Buffalo Grove, Illinois.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)