[ihc] Bad? or Good?

On my 58 A110 and also on the 62 C120, both with Warner 4-speeds, the little
quarter inch pin that keeps the shift lever from going roundy-round was worn
out.  Both had real obvious wear marks in the pin, however the groove in
both shift levers was in pretty good shape.  Naturally I didn't have new
pins to put in there but got the idea to cut off a quarter inch drill bit
(not the fluted end).  Works perfectly and both shift levers are nice and
tight now but,  is the drill bit too hard?  Is it now going to wear out the
groove on the lever?  Or are they good now for another 40 years?

Kurt