Re: [ihc] grease seals

www.rockauto.com shows the wheel oil seal as a BCA 40316S

cost is $12.29 USD

afaik National is now BCA, your supplier should be able to cross to other
manufacturers

as long as you are in there you might want spindle seals

inner = bca 722108
outer = bca 722109

 and needle bearing too.

bca b2110

they are also listed on rockauto

other places like napa etc should have them too

www.napa.com
www.partsamerica.com

www.autozone.com shows a timken brand seal same part number 40316S

- Jim in Mesa

From:           	"Beijer, P.A.C." <p.a.c.beijer@domain.elided>
Subject:        	[ihc] grease seals
> I went to my local bearing house today to get new grease seals for the front
> hubs of my '74 200. They've never disappointed me before, but this time they
> couldn't help me out. The old seals carry the brandname National and a number is
> stamped into them:  40316S. Does anyone know if these seals are commonly
> available in the US, and if so where?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
> --

Jim In Mesa - James Lidberg
jameslidberg@domain.elided
'79 Scout II/4X4/345/Edelbrock 1400/727/D20/3.07 open/PS/PB/4"Trailmaster
Copyright 2003 All rights reserved