Re: [ihc] trans mounts on T19 from T18?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel M Brodsky" <jmbrodsky@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 11:03
Subject: [ihc] trans mounts on T19 from T18?

> Binders,
>       Since I'm not getting any feedback on why my clutch isn't working,
> I'll ask a different question...
> Does anyone know why the T19 is about 1" longer than a T18?  I was told
> that a T19 was a drop-in swap from a T18,
> and currently, I am unable to mount the transmission mount as the oblong
> holes in the x-mmbr aren't quite long enough.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
>
> Thanks,
> JoelB
>
> Also, FYI the new mounts are available from the dealer, Pt. NO: 879627R93

Is it possible that the mounts are what is different?  but that doesn't
explain why it was supposed to be a drop in swap?  How about this... is it
possible you have bad motor mounts (or simply some play in said mounts) and
they have allowed the motor to slide rearwards around an inch which is the
cause for your current situation regarding swapping transmissions?

-Ryan