RE: [ihc] lineset questions

## >> The tie rod protector was a piece of angle with a couple brackets that
## >> mounted it below the frame to protect the tie rod from minor
## >> impacts.  I
## >> don't think it would do much if you caught a stump or something else
## >> solid at any speed.

thank you, Howard.  this must be what the lineset is referring to.  could
these be mounted to *any* steering axle, or was it a front drive axle only
option?

## >> The steering stabilizer was definitely not a tie rod
## >> protector.  I don't
## >> recall that IH ever installed a stabilizer at the factory so
## >> there would
## >> be no code for one.  Others more into Light LInes than I am
## >> remember the
## >> same.  The stabilizier was available from the IH parts systems for
## >> customer installation if you really wanted one.

both the 800A and the 1110 have those steering stabilizer shocks.  i didn't
know if they were compleatly aftermarket or available from the dealers or
what.

thanks for the information.

--Mac

Wassail!