Re: [ihc] lineset questions

At 9:27 PM -0700 11/6/03, Mac @ TRIAD wrote:
okay, so i'm looking at the linesets for my two TravelAlls, in trying to
find information on Rocky's windscreen trim questions.

as i'm scanning the 1110's lineset, i see something i've never noticed
before.  the eighth item down the list, below the axle and locking hub
listings, it says "02930 0004 D  tie rod protector".  now this truck happens
to have one of those steering stabilizer shocks mounted on it.  would that
"tie rod protector" listing be for one of those types of steering shocks?
or is it for something else?

granted, these aren't the original axles from the truck.  these could have
come with a stabilizer, or it could have been added later.  what i want to
know is...  what is a "tie rod protector" as listed on the lineset?

--Mac
Funny thing about your post, Mac, is that for 25 years or so, I called that "thing" on my Scout as my tie rod protector, because looking at form and function that is probably what it does best.

Digesters told me that I was miscalling the thing, and I conceded that it also held the two front springs in alignment, so that it didn't have to be a tie rod protector.

But, no, they aren't referring to the steering shock device. I don't remember specifically what the tie rod protector looked like on my 1210, but it came with no steering stabilizing shock.

John Hofstetter