Re: [ihc] Intake manifolds

I set mine at 15 deg BTDC and run premiun gas.  Amazing difference in the character of the engine.

Steve

John Hofstetter <hofs@domain.elided> wrote:
>Guys,
>
>I'm having a weak brain moment for some reason. I have a 345 in my
>Travelette that I have never been able to get to run as well as other IH
>motors. It always feels choked or something. Based on how it is set
>up, it should be a runner. It has an Edelbrock 1405 (stock out of the
>box) on a 1" phenolic spacer on top of a square bore manifold.
>Pertronix in a Holley Points distributor, matching Pertronix coil, Bosch
>platinums gapped at stock gap, 7mm napa wires. 8 degrees BTDC with a
>functioning vac advance. Rear dump manifolds, 2 1/4" exhaust to turbo
>mufflers, then 2 1/2" tailpipes. 727 and 4:10 gears, LT 265/75R16
>tires. Vacuum at about 18mm/hg.

Ed,

Guessing

I think you should check your fuel pumps pressure and volume.

Replace the fuel filter unless you've already done that.

Check the plug wires for even ohm/inch even if the wires look OK.
That's a hot coil.

Try the timing at about 12 degrees early. It works for some, but not for me.

John Hofstetter