Re: [ihc] 80 Scout, Koenig PTO Winch Question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mac @ TRIAD" <mac@domain.elided>
To: "Ed Sohm" <idaemes@domain.elided>; "'Greg Hermann'"
<bearbvd@domain.elided>; <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:32
Subject: RE: [ihc] 80 Scout, Koenig PTO Winch Question

> ## >> The Dana 20 PTO I have came to me mounted to the Dana 20 on an '80
> ## >> Traveler. It was not original to that truck, in fact according to
the
> ## >> lineset, neither was the Dana 20.  There was no winch on the truck.
> ## >> have no idea how or why the PTO came to be there, but there it was.
> ## >>
> ## >> I can take a picture for anyone interested.  E-mail me.  I
> ## >> saw a pic on
> ## >> the net in the last week or so, seems like it was in the
> ## >> classifieds on
> ## >> the Binder bulletin.  An ad for a complete PTO winch set up
> ## >> for a Scout
> ## >> II.
>
> if i'm remembering correctly, maybe a year or so ago Ryan M sent me
pictures
> of a couple Scouts, at least one of which was an 800 or 800A, that had
> transfer case-mounted PTOs.  they were in junkyards near where he was, i
> think.  i don't remember all the specifics, but if somebody were to ask
him,
> i'm sure he could provide that information.
>
> --Mac

<snip>

Unless there's another Ryan M. around, I've never actually seen a scout with
a pto winch up close... now I might have found some stuff on ebay (I think I
may have found a complete setup for sale somewhere and figured Mac might
have *needed* a pto winch on the 800A to go with the one on the travelall,
but other than that I'm at a loss.

speaking of which, they at least used to appear on ebay relatively
regularly.

-Ryan