[ihc] Scott Satterlund

Jack Campbell typed this up and sent it to me.
I am forwarding it to this list for those that were unable to attend.

Jim

On Sunday, October 26, a memorial service was held for
family, friends, and co-workers, and admirers of Scott Satterlund.
The "celebration" service was held at the Sweetbrier
Inn & Suites in Tualatin, Oregon from 1:00 to 5:00 pm.

The moment Cyndi Satterlund arrived, the room was
transformed. Beautiful bouquets and roses brightened
every table. Easels were set, and framed pictures of
Scott and his family where arrayed. Photo albums
appeared. Lastly, numerous presentation boards were
set up at the front of the room, with a thought
provoking and diverse selection of photographs from
Scott Satterlund's life. Here, we had the opportunity
of seeing Scott as a boy, a dear son, a young man,
an outdoorsman, an appreciated co-worker, a husband,
and a father. At the rear of the Columbia room, a
banquet of monumental proportions was set for Scott's
friends and loved ones. I was only able to make my way
through half of the delicious offerings before my
plate was full to heaping. Wine, draft beer, coffee,
iced beverages and soft drinks were also served.

Throughout the banquet room, while people ate and
raised glasses together, I could feel spirits lifted
as Scott joined us in the subject of every
conversation. I was grateful to be able to speak to
even a handful of those that knew Scott like Ira
Matheny, Jack Alexander, Kevin Moelk, and Kris
Trachsel.

Soon, we all took our seats as Cyndi turned our hearts
to the podium. Silent moments were gratefully broken
with smiles, laughter, and remembrances of who Scott
was and how he lived. For over a half-hour, a long
procession by family, friends, and business associates
took turns at the microphone. As an International
Harvester enthusiast, I was struck by the reality that
reverberated again and again today. Scott's most
precious contribution to the lives of so many was
that he made them laugh and filled the days of those
around him with joy.

Scott's time with us was far too brief, but I hope
that heavy hearts were made somewhat lighter, and
thoughts of the tragic loss replaced with the good
memories Scott has left behind. We need to consider
ourselves fortunate for the time we did have.