Help Save Mac's IH Parts! (was Re: [ihc] anti-backfire valve)

---Oh Mac, oh Mac, oh Mac, oh man. With all the IH people in CA and on the
list, can't you find someone to pick up all those parts and hold onto them?
Have you Dad set them in a pile for you and someone to come pick them
up!!!???

---I can get a pressure plate rebuilt custom, flywheel faced, disc relined
and new bearings for $20 + the cost of bearings if needed. They key is
having the pressure plate to rebuild. That costs over $150 to get from the
counter-monkeys with cores.

---The 304 heads here from the builder are $80 a piece to work, and that
price only reflects your having the head to send them. They do not work on a
head unless they have another in stock... I guess in case one is damaged.
Now, I can have mine bathed, magnafluxed, milled, ported, polished and
rebuilt for $50 (the cost of the parts and he'll keep the rest or $20 + the
cost), including the use of the flow-bench, but that is because I know a
machinist who likes old IHCs.

---BTW, FWIU from the guy who wants $80, there are about 8 different types
of 304 heads. 8 different casting numbers (???)

---As for inconsiderate... nah, I would think maybe you had too much time to
know how to spend it... I did.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)