RE: [ihc] more IH Corporate axle stuff

## >> The two differ options in the RA 15--20, FA 57 pumpkin were open and
## >> No-Spin. Period. Mac must be living in the part of the CA
## >> mountains where
## >> some 'interesting' smoke from the fires is drifting in on the
## >> breeze !!
## >>
## >> Greg

no, Greg.  i can photo and send you the cutaways, FROM IH, that i've managed
to hang onto for the last twenty or so years.  it shows the entire
differential centre housing, from an IH Corporate axle, including numbered
labeled components.  i'd be happy to send it to you.  i am most certainly
not making this up.  in fact, i'm attaching photos of the two diagrams i
have of this.  then you can take it up with IH, which is where i got the
bloody diagrams in the first place, and i defy you to tell *them* it's not
something they built.  how's that?

just because you've never seen a Traction Equalizer, and *I* have, doesn't
mean it was never built or never installed in an IH Corporate axle.  also,
just because *YOU* don't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, and i
*really* resent your comment towards me specifically, as if i don't know a
bloody thing, when i'm looking at the documents directly, and i've actually
seen one of these in person, in a real albeit broken axle.  maybe you were
trying to be funny saying i'm hallucinating this stuff, but personally i'm
pretty unhappy with your attitude towards me.  you won't even allow for the
possibility that i've seen something you haven't even heard of.

and in case you missed the memo, i'm not in CA.  i'm stranded in Texas now.

anybody else wants to see these Traction Equalizer cutaways, here's a couple
links to the images:

http://master.triad.ath.cx/images/TracEq1.jpg
http://master.triad.ath.cx/images/TracEq2.jpg

(note the "International Harvester" copyright notice on each image)

if anybody has trouble with the links, holler, and i'll e-mail the pictures
themselves to anybody that wants to see 'em.  i took the pictures laid out
on my kitchen table, and the overhead glare on the 30-plus-year-old paper is
a little harsh.  i can try to take better pictures if somebody wants me to.

after looking at those images, tell me i'm still making this up.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Traction Equalizer-1.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Traction Equalizer-2.JPG]