[ihc] researching my next IH vehicle

as much as i liked my scout II, the truth is that my next ih vehicle
probably shouldn't be a scout.

my 93 ford van is gently whispering "sell me" (it's seen some winters,
and that fact is showing around its fenders.) its replacement as a tow
vehicle won't need to see salt and winter, so a nice old IH might
make a fine replacement. the van has served well (460, 1 ton),
if i get the tongue weight right i can barely tell there's a trailer
behind it.

the towing duty will be pulling a 1500 lb car trailer with a 2400 lb
road racing car on it. what do the esteemed members of the digest
think i should start looking at?

there's plenty of lead time; selling the van and replacing it is
likely to be a year off.

richard