Re: [ihc] Re:flectors by IHC

The reflector flares were among the items sold through the MT-87
"Necessories" catalog by IH.  This catalog listed many maintenance and
accessory items for all models of trucks, including the under-dash air
conditioner kits for Scout 800's.  I have one from the early 1970's and
it lists what sounds like the same set you have.  The reflectors were
items that were sold and each truck was required to have a set for use in
case of breakdown.

Reflector Flares

Always ready--day or night
4 times brighter than tail-light
Visible 1/2 mile
Never fails:no batteries, no bulbs, no flame
Rustproof--genuine axcrylic lenses
Lasts a lifetime
Meets I.C.C. requirements
Approved by Underwriters Laboratories and A.A.M.V.A.
Approved in all states

214457 R91 Reflector Flares with channel base
Set of 3 economy reflector flares with 3 red flags and folding staffs.
Approved for use in all states except Pennsylvania and California

995194 R93 Reflector Flare with Tripod Base
Set of 3 Premium reflector flares, 3 daytime flags and folding-spring
flagstaffs in sturdy metal  box.
Meets Pennsylvania and California requirements of 40 MPH wind test with
flag attached..

No prices are listed in the catalog itself.

Howard