Re: [ihc] Distributor choices

At 12:05 AM 9/27/03, ROCKY LEAR wrote:
>What are the choices for a better than stock distributor shaft for a 392?
>I would like to have something like an  MSD but will entertain any others.
>TIA!
>
>Rocky

Stock is FINE, as long as you use one of the Delco window style IH units.
Iron distributor housing tells you it's a Delco. GM caps, rotors, points,
weights, vacuum advance pots, Pertronix, etc. ALL fit these. They can be
found plain, with a mechanical tach drive, with a centrifugal governor
control, or with both extras.

A Delco dizzy from an IH I-4 engine can be converted for use on a V-8 by
replacing the 4 cyl breaker cam with an 8 cyl breaker cam robbed from a
Chubby dizzy (and, of course, putting an 8 cyl. cap onto it).

If you want something STUPID, Duerst machine, in Burlington, CO, makes
hybrid GM HEI/IH dizzys for the LV-8's, but I don't know if they have ever
done one for the SV's.

Greg