[ihc] Rocky's stubby stick :)

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 01:26:59 -0400
From: ROCKY LEAR <rockylear@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] A questions about shifter sticks

Thanks to everyone here who has been helping me with questions! I am still puzzled by the shift stick on this T34 I have. Did these and other IH manuals have the sticks welded on a stub at the base from the factory? In other words, did the trannys simply roll off the assembly line with a short stub sticking out of the top, then IH added whatever stick was made (ie bent right) for the application that the tranny was going in and simply welded it to the stub shaft? I have a hard time swallowing that mine has been broken and repaired that far down on the stick. Plus the stick and what I see as a stub are not exactly the same size. Any ideas?

Rocky
Well then swallow hard, cause *every* IH 5 speed I've seen had a 1 piece non-welded shift lever, and yes. there were a number of configurations.

Jim