[ihc] Aristocratology

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 07:42:29 -0500
From: "Dennis Bernth" <scoutdude@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] SR-2 factoids

Reading the info on the Aristocrat and SR-2 models has brought up something
I've been wondering about. After reading Howard's post, I realize that the
'doll up' models are somewhat rare (2500 copies each). The question is, are
they rare enough so that it would be a miscarriage of justice to build one the
way I want it, rather than back to factory original?
Dennis, FWIW I think it's best to leave the special stuff for restification. If I do the B series Travelette I just brought home, the only non-IH available mod it's getting is dual circuit brakes. It might get an o/d 3 speed to replace the 4 speed, or in the extreme a period 266/auto, but all with factory bolt-in parts. My $.02...

Jim